Saturday, September 8, 2007

Theory of Animation

Starting at the bottom, because its the most fresh in my mind. I just watched "a colour box" it was definitely not the "orthodox" animation that the reading described. There seemed to be no narrative, or characters. However, the advertisement aspect of it is very interesting.

Regarding Orthodox animation, and the common goal of hiding the materiality of the art is fascinating to me. I imagine that many kids today...as they watch a cell animated movie, dont even think about the fact that those images were drawn...and each one. Even the older aged may not comprehend. I am always amazed and curious about how the amount of time it must take for the team of animators to animate an feature length and how much another person added to the team could detract from that time.

anyway, here is the link to Len Lye's "a colour box"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYi6FlB4cw

or search on youtube

No comments: